Saturday 9 November 2019

BTS AND ARMY ARE DOING WELL | LOVE YOURSELF SPEAK YOURSELF [THE FINAL] IN SEOUL DAY 1 2019-10-26


The 5 things I want to talk about when I attended the LYSY The Final in Seoul.


1.     How was I able to score a ticket?
Through winning the raffle. All fans who bought the Global Official Fan Club ARMY Membership can join the raffle for the Love Yourself Speak Yourself [The Final] in Seoul as joining the raffle is one of the fan club benefits. It felt surreal winning the raffle because I usually am unlucky with lottery so I was really surprised when I saw ‘Congratulations!’ when the result came out. I won for the October 26 show, Day 1 of the 3-day concert in Seoul Olympic Stadium. It was the best option once you win the raffle, because (1) your concert ticket is secured, (2) it’s floor or 1st floor section and (3) you can buy the concert ticket without competing with anyone. The seat will be randomly assigned, you can be anywhere at the floor or anywhere at the first floor, and it’s fine, the important thing is the concert ticket.



2.     The ARMYs I met during my trip.
Being alone in a foreign country can make you feel outcast but since I met a lot of ARMYs in my stay in Seoul, I didn’t feel lonely? It didn’t feel like I was doing this alone because a lot of people from all over the world also travelled solo for the concert and since the trip was meant for BTS, we see ARMYs everywhere in BTS-related places. Actually no, my hostel isn’t BTS-related but I still met ARMY there. So we were actually everywhere LOL.
Having a group chat with ARMYs who also won the raffle and will go to Seoul was for real an added confidence-booster about my plan to go to Seoul alone, because we said we will meet at the venue and that was comforting. Even talking with them about updates on each other’s whereabouts was a comfort.
I met them (some members in the group chat) at the venue and we hang out the whole day until we have to separate inside the stadium to get to our seats. But I also met a Japanese ARMY who was my seatmate during the concert, it’s nice to have someone you can fangirl with during the concert, I really had a nice time. I also met an ARMY from Myanmar when we were in line for House of BTS which was also nice to have someone to talk to or complain about (?) because we lined up for 6 hours since 9:30am in a freezing cold in an uphill place in Gangnam. We also partnered inside in taking each other’s pictures and have dinner afterwards. I thought it will be the last since I will be going home the next day, but, when I was about to check out, an ARMY from Indonesia with a big TATA plastic bag came out of the room and will check out as well, so we talked for a little bit and even decided on sharing a taxi on the way to the airport. Did I say we just met when we both checked out at the same time in our hostel? LOL.
I was grateful for the ARMYs I met during my trip in Seoul. They made fangirling super fun. Didn’t imagine how easy it would be to talk and make instant bond with strangers because of a shared love for BTS.


3.     The full fan experience at the concert.
I know that the concerts I’ve attended is limited (because I only attend concerts of the artists I really like) but I can confidently say that the Love Yourself Speak Yourself [The Final] in Seoul is the best yet. To be fair, this is my first BTS concert which means it’s quite biased because it is special. Big Hit is committed in providing the fans a full fan experience in their shows, and they delivered. They provided an Event Zone, Rest Zone, Food & Beverage Zone, Merchandise Zone for the fans who will attend the concert. It was a whole day activity! The Event Zone have different booths where ARMYs can line up and get special gifts. ARMYs can also watch BTS MV’s on a big screen and can also learn the dance steps of some of BTS songs from the BTS’ choreographer himself, Son Songdeuk. There was an ARMY wall where we can write our message to BTS which we weren’t able to go because we were stuck queueing. After the long queueing, we ate pizza in the F&B zone and went inside the stadium to rest and get the feel. They even provide a FILA blanket for everyone attending the concert because it was super cold.
Even the production felt like a fan experience that I truly, wholeheartedly enjoyed. The lights, the fire-blowing thing which I was super grateful for because it was 8 degrees at the time, the fireworks, the confetti, the ARMY Bombs filling up the whole stadium with colorful lights, the drones, everything was so amazing and beautiful.
It's a concert but it felt like a festival and BTS and ARMY made it feel like a safe place.

"For we are together, our light shines."

4.     Seeing BTS live!
Of course the main event was I saw BTS live! In front of me!


My seat was nowhere near the main stage nor the second stage, I was in the right side of the stage, in front of me was the big screen but no one is in front of me because the seat was layout diagonally and I was at the end of in the row so there were no people in front of me so I got the best view of the right stage. And I saw BTS in person, I still can’t believe it. This one really felt surreal. I can see them on the main stage and the members visited our side. I will be forever grateful that I was seated where I was seated. But of course, barricade is always the dream. Someday I hope!
I’ve watched countless of videos of BTS. Even watched their concert DVDs and their current concert livestreams, I should know what to expect, right? But I was surprised that the show that they put out for us at that time or that the “live” version of them exceeded beyond any expectation I might have. It’s really different seeing them on the screen and being there at the concert. It’s a culmination of all things, their energy, the energy of the crowd, the hype, the live music, the production and even the feelings were real and you can do anything about it but absorb it and enjoy the feeling. I don’t know how to explain this anymore; they are better live. They should be watched live. Their performance must be experience live. I love BTS even more for putting great performances each time for ARMY.
The boys were very natural but also very professional. You can see how much they enjoy performing and that radiates in the whole stadium. They were in their element up there on stage. It was amazing to see.

Rap line was the best. They made the 8-degree weather feel so hot with their top notch performances.

Jung Hoseok has been wrecking me since CNS or before that even. I was prepared to be further wrecked by him but was not prepared of the impact it will have on me. He’s so handsome and have an amazing stage presence. He gives an aura that is so sexy. I was expecting water but it was cold so I appreciate the fire. I mean literal fire.

Jung Hoseok aka j-hope
Taehyungie is the only member who actually go around often and will stay there for a couple of seconds. That’s very considerate of him, he made sure he sees everyone and everyone see him. I ADORE HIM. He’s my bias through and through. He still holds the position. His actions were cute and funny then became sexy and regal during Singularity. He looked like a king! He’s very very charming and very very handsome.

Kim Taehyung aka V
The Kim brothers were the first to go to us during Dope and I didn’t know who to look at! But I looked at Jin because you won’t be able to help it. U know there are people who are handsome and there are people who are handsome and perfect? Yeah. That’s Jin. He killed me during Epiphany! That amazing stable voice? Only Kim Seokjin can relate. And that voice in The Truth Untold? AAAHHHH

Kim Seokjin aka Jin

I watched Jimin on the stage even though I have a big screen in front of me because I want to see his dance. And boy was he gorgeous and really graceful.

Park Jimin aka Jimin
Trivia: Love is my favorite stage. I was looking forward to it. Will it be the same feels watching it live? The truth is it’s a thousand times better live. It felt so good to shout 사랑 사랑 사랑. Namjoon commands the stage so well. Unbelievable stage presence and charisma.

Kim Namjoon aka RM
It’s hard to catch or stare at Jungkook’s face because he’s literally everywhere. I remember glimpses of staring at him and he really look good. That boy did his hip thrust on Baepsae in front of me! JK loves the stage. You can see it, feel it. His energy is on another level. His voice. It’s so real and live it’s getting to me.

Jeon Jungkook aka Jungkook
Yoongi is very cute and has his own charm. I didn’t expect him to wreck me like this. Yoongi, what’s good? I’m fine here. You’re fine there. Oh you’re so very fine. Seesaw was something else. My seatmate and I just looked at each other after that performance. Instantly, we knew. Guys it’s just collarbone right? It’s just a shoulder? It’s just armpits? BUT FUCK. Why did it feel more? Seesaw was very amazing. So nice to sing along “SHE DROPPED THE CHEESECAKE”. What a really catchy song.

Min Yoongi aka SUGA
I enjoyed all the stages they prepared for us. Since this is the final, everyone expected there will be something new and there were! Outfits which made the performance bigger and made them stand out even more, addition song “Run” (is this a hint for the comeback?), some new choreography (hello Fire dance break) and the VCRs were all new! Now, that VCRs were definitely hints for the comeback.
Seeing them live made me want to see them again in their next tour. Once you experience a BTS show you want to relive the feeling by seeing them again.
Love Yourself era has come to an end which means a new one will start. LY was such a big and meaningful era; I was glad I get to be a fan of BTS during this era. 
I’m happy I found this super group that will made me do things I only thought of doing but no desire to actually do it? And that is to travel alone.



5.     Travelling alone.
Aside from seeing BTS live for the first time, it was also my first time to travel alone in a foreign country and sleep alone in a hostel for how many nights. This was, travelling alone, my greatest concern since I won the raffle that I actually considered not going to the concert because of my fear of sleeping alone in a hotel. But after careful consideration and fake confidence, I did go and found travelling alone quite nice? It’s less manageable and I can actually go where I want to go without asking everyone’s approval. But of course, I miss the noise. Alone, you have to have a checklist of your own of the things you have to do or bring because no one will help you remember to bring this or do that before doing this. But I guess, what I think is scary before can actually be done.

A friend asked me earlier this year how far am I willing to go to attend a BTS concert because I did it before to another group. And I said then I don’t think I’d do that to them (BTS). Blech. I ate what I said and I guess that’s how far I’m willing to go to attend a BTS concert, not about the place but more like I’m willing to travel alone to see them even though it’s out of my comfort zone or that I’m quite scared.

This is such a memorable trip not just because it’s my first time to travel alone but also because I’ve met so many people from different countries and I’ve met them because of a shared love for BTS. And of course, the most important thing, because I saw BTS live! I promise to see you again next time! Borahae.



Thanks for reading this!

Love, Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment