Friday 27 March 2015

THIS IS HOW I WANT TO REMEMBER OTRA MANILA DAY1 20150321


2014 Advanced Ticket Selling

Less than a year ago, MMI Live announced that 1D will have a concert in Manila in 2015. Almost one month after the announcement was the first day of the ticket selling. The hysteria of the fans was unbelievable, I'd know because I saw it and I was one of them. There was an advanced ticket selling that will open at 8am before it opened nationwide at 2pm. The night before the ticket selling day, fans started lining up already, camping with their friends or family outside MoA Arena (ticket selling venue). When I learned it I was anxious and I also want to camp because I badly need to have a ticket for their concert. Like its a need lol despite the hefty price of tickets. I want to camp out after my office but my mom and my aunt didn't allow me and I remember them saying, "if youre meant to watch them, you will get tickets", I remember I was like, "I need it to be meant to be". I was anxious I felt like a teenager eventhough I was 26! LOL

So anyway, luckily, some workers from my aunt's office were installing kiosks near the ticket selling venue so my aunt asked them to queue for us when they finished installing. Boy he queued around 1am, and it was really near the entrance. We met them at around 5am so he could go home and rest. He was life saver, actually, because if he didn't queue for us, we would be at the end of the line and it was so looooong already when we arrived at 5am.

2014-05-23 Line outside the ticket selling venue (Mall of Asia Arena)


2014-05-23 Line inside the ticket selling venue
We got our Titanium and Gold tickets around 9am. I think VIP section was sold out already that time. When we exit, the arena was still surrounded by people queuing for tickets. It was so hot and I'm not sure if all of them were able to score tickets because before the days ends, March 21 show was sold out!
 
2014-05-23 Line outside the Arena after we got our tickets!

In the video that 1DHQ uploaded, Zayn said they will have 2 shows in Manila - March 21 and 22. But MMI Live and SM tickets claimed that it's only on the 21st and edited the video actually and leave the part where Zayn said "22nd". Up to this day, I still held on my belief that they want to sold out the first day show first, because people will be excited. When first day was sold out, they announced that 1D will have second day show.. I know, strategy. *cough profit cough*
MMI though announced 2nd day show days (or months?) after day 1 was sold out and if I remember it correctly ticket selling for Day 2 was sometime in September and I didn't buy because I thought seeing the boys twice (that time I also already have standing ticket to their Singapore show) is enough but after the day 2 concert last March 22, I was quite regretting it. Quite.





We have this special ticket that we got around August and this serves as our "souvenir".
 
Image courtesy by OLX Philippines.



The one thing I was very concerned about the manila concert was the venue. It was a concert grounds. Grounds. It wasn't elevated and farther sections won't be able to see the stage (only in the screens). So it was like youre there to hear them and watch them on screen. I was also a bit bitter because vips were the ones beside the stage and they didnt open a "standing section" near the stage. The standing sections were actually the farthest from the stage (silver and bronze). But idk, its not like they can accommodate all in vip. It was just fortunate that we were so close near the stage during OTRASG and I make the most out of it by staring at them. So I said, I know I won't be seeing them close enough in Manila show so I would just enjoy the show because the SG show felt like a blur to me. I was very very overwhelmed with how close we were that I CAN ACTUALLY SEE THEM.

Fail though that I have no HD camera so my videos and pictures are not for "posting" worthy. Boo yah.


SOUTH EAST ASIAN LEG HAVE BEGUN! THE OTRASG HAPPENED.

Singapore was the first South East Asian country they visited, and it's one in the books of the fandom because they were so happy and bouncy and dancey during that time especially zouis which was unusual so everybody freaked out.
It was a blur though, like it went too fast. Everything was just synching in after the show. I was really overwhelmed with the fact that:
1. I'm now seeing One Direction live for the first time in forever of listening and watching them
2. I'M TOO CLOSE TO THE STAGE I CAN SEE THEM TOO CLOSE I CAN SEE THEIR REACTIONS AND SMILES AND HARRY'S DIMPLES AND LOUIS' EYE CRINKLES AND THEIR TATTOOS AND THEIR HAIR AND THEIR FACES AND THEIR REACTION WHEN THEYRE SINGING IDK I'M JUST TOO CLOSE.

I wrote my OTRASG experience, so I would not forget it, also so I would be able to move on from post-concert depression. It helped. A bit.




Only in the Philippines!
 
I don't know when the international media will pick up the news on mandatory drug test (although later on denied by the court) and cash bonds from one direction's promoters concerning Zouis drug issue (from May 2014 weed video). My country is a tad crazy and drama queen I like to make a personal apology to the boys. I don't know what got into Laban ng Pamiliang Pilipino (Fight of the Filipino Family) and used that weed video against them, everyone in the fandom knew what's up with that. But then the court denied the drug test, but the Bureau of Immigration would like for Zayn and Louis' representatives to issue cash bonds for when they even imply anything about drugs they will pay that bond and if not, the bond will be forfeited. Gahh this. I don't know if our government is just milking money from this or they really are idiots. I'm betting both. They are more concerned with that than the real problems of this country! So, anyway, I didn't exactly know what happened after it. Louis didn't imply any drug-related thing during the show and they leave the country immediately after the show which was a good thing.

Tbh I'm pretty chill about OTRAMNL as it drew closer to the day of the event except for that cash bond to which I'm boiling with rage. But everybody lost their chill after their show in Hong Kong!


Zayn's 'Stress' Leave =(

It was an emotional moment for all Directioners when their PR rep announced Zayn won't be joining the boys in their 2 remaining SEA shows (Manila and Jakarta). I was online when it was announced and I knew how official it is and there's no changing minds. I cried a little because I was concerned about Zayn and One Direction at same time sad because there will be no Zayn in my concert! But then Liam posted a video on Instagram and that kinda calmed everyone because that indicates everything is okay and it will not harm Zayn nor the boys for him to post something that will lighten people's mood. He's such a darling.
Simon Jones, 1D's PR, announced Zayn will take a stress leave.
Tbh, I didn't buy the reason for his leave was due to stress. What I feel is that it's something big but nothing that will affect them in a bad way because again, Liam making light of things. Plus, idk what's got into the 4 boys but they were so amazing in Manila shows! They looked so happy.  







The hashtag #NOCHILLPHILIPPINES

Idk if anyone looked into this tag the day before the concert but it was very funny! The Filipino fans were indeed funny and creative when they lost their chill. It was rumored since Thursday (March 19) that Harry will land in Manila at 12:30pm but it's not true. Some fans waited at the airport on Friday (March 20) because there's a rumor again that the boys will arrive in Manila by 8:30pm (of March 20), I think the band arrived that time. Team Airport (meaning, the fans who were in the airport waiting and hoping to see the boys) weren't able to see the band, though, as they probably exited in the restricted area.
The boys didn't arrive until Saturday noon of the day of the first show itself (March 21) and they also passed through the restricted area so no one got to see them.
The Filipino Directioners created funny memes about the whole thing it was very funny to the point it led to confusion and mixed photos and some crazy stuff. I did enjoy it actually cos funny.
#NOCHILLPHILIPPINES was the #1 trending worldwide in twitter for 2 days, I think. It was wild.

 




THE DAY.

I woke up quite late and saw on twitter that there were a lot of people already queued at the venue. They forbid fans to camp out but they can line up as early as 6am, so that's what everyone did. Not me. I'd rather save energy for the concert.
We arrived at the venue around 1pm but there were no official lines. It was actually unorganized. Very very unorganized. Like they didn't expect a large number of people there. Those who arrived early weren't able to came back to their line when they went out for lunch because that's the time there's crowd control. We arrived in the afternoon but we went first than them. It was very far from my experience with SG, Singapore event was very organized and fair, hands down.
So going back, we were able to enter in concert grounds around 6pm. It was already packed but we managed to sit pretty close to the Diamond section and it was a pretty decent view of the screen, a little view of the stage and we were near the speakers so it's a win, for me.
DJ KC (DJ from Malaysia) was the first act and his playlist was not as nice as DJ Lincey (front act in OTRASG) but when he started DJing, there were fireworks and it makes it like a party. It was pretty sick tbh!!
I was having a rage about the venue but it was pretty mad in person, first it felt like an event, second, the sound system was superb (or maybe we're just near the speakers) and third, it was quite big with manila bay on the side.
There were slight rain every now and then but not a heavy downpour and usually don't last for hours or minutes.
DJ KC performed for forty minutes and by 8pm they played the same playlist they played in OTRASG (Macarena, Single Ladies, etc.) the concert started 10minutes before 9pm and it was one hell of a night!




ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!

There are 23 songs in the setlist. They haven't changed the setlist since the 2nd day show in Osaka where they replaced Happily with Stockholm Syndrome. Twenty-three songs are too many that's why the concert was really worth it! Imagine I was able to watched 46 songs performances.
I need those little slash because it's the queue for boys to talk to the audience =)

I enjoyed the whole OTRAMNL Day1. I was like just enjoying their music. It's so sad Zayn wasn't there because his voice really gives edge to 1D. Nevertheless I still enjoyed it. Harry was happy during my show, he always said he loved the Philippines and he nearly chocked that one time. He was all out. Not that it is different with other shows, but he's not as intimate with his words in Singapore as he was in Manila. I'm not saying anything! Maybe because of the things that happened we were still as enthusiastic in seeing them and supporting them.

I always look forward to their performances on the ff songs because (ssshh they are my favorites)
• clouds
• midnight memories (usually the first line only)
• wdbhg
• strong
• better than words
• little things (YOU KNOW WHY)
• wmyb (it's classic)
• you and I (harry's part only)

And of course, I was looking forward who will sing Zayn's part!! It usually was Liam and Harry, althought Niall and Louis did a little too.
Not that I doubt Liam's and Harry's voice but they were really good. Sometimes they can't hit it but it's okay that's why it's Zayn's part.

Again, I sang loud and proud with One Thing, I thought I was so over this song like it was overused or something.. But nah, I enjoyed singing it.

I was so glad we were near the speakers because I can hear every words and note change and the every music instruments I'm not kidding!

Their talks and fan engagement in between songs were the ones that we should take advantage because that really wasn't rehearsed and that was the moment we can enjoy their humor eventhough they always tell the crowd "this is my favorite gig that we've done so far", "you are the loudest crowd ever", etc etc.
There were some pretty nice things that Harry said that he didn't actually said in Day 2? I'm not sure. But it's when he said over and over again that he loved the Philippines. He didn't say any Filipino words though. But it's okay! I know Japan has a special place in his heart. But he wasn't explicit overwhelmed with love in Singapore that's why I felt Harry's speech was honest. Though it doesn't mean that he doesn't love Singapore or other countries.
And we love them too! I think we all do.

I don't have nice pictures, I only have videos.. and they're quite big to upload. Sorry.
For collection of videos from Day1:

I hope there will be next tour. It might not be next year but hopefully there will still be in the coming years. These boys are treasure, total crowd pleaser and all are entertainers. I want to follow them in their next tour, probs visit more country just to watch them.


P.S. When I wrote this, I have a note at the end on my stand on the rumor 1D is breaking up or Zayn going solo. That was when it's not yet announced yet. I didn't include it here because I want this to be everything about OTRA. I'll probably post another blog up soon talking about it and my feels.

Heyyyyy, let's talk about 1D!!!

Thanks for reading this!

Love, Kaye