Tuesday 12 June 2018

Niall Horan Brought Sunshine in Manila | Flicker World Tour Manila

Niall performing On My Own
It was raining hard in various places in the Philippines during the weekend of Niall’s concert, Metro Manila included but despite the rain and flood, it didn’t stop us from attending his concert. Niall came through and gave us the best show that brought sunshine to compensate the bad weather. This is Niall’s third time here in the Philippines, can you believe that? First was when they performed here during their OTRA Tour, then he came back the year after for a vacation in Boracay and El Nido (his infamous Southeast Asian escapade) and he’s back for his own concert!


Flicker World Tour took place in Mall of Asia Arena on June 10, 2018. It wasn’t a sold out show and after the concert, I was like WHY IS NIALL SO UNDERRATED? I know concert tickets can be expensive especially for a student fan but a group of 1D fans came up with the Flicker of Hope project where fans can donate any amount to be able to buy concert tickets for other fans. Niall acknowledged the project during his concert and it was amazing.
We were seated in Patron section 106 row E and OMG WE ARE SO NEAR THE STAGE!! While I want front row because you’re closer to the artist, I think Patron is ideal for me. It’s a reserved seating while front row is free standing and people are squishing you. Patron is elevated, front row is not. In Patron, you can see the whole stage while still being quite near it, in front row I’m sure you can’t see all that’s happening in the stage I’d know because I’ve experienced it. So anyway, we were in Patron and Niall was so close. I can see his face clearly as well as his facial reactions and wow I was close. I was thrilled that he is always inclined to his right when he’s performing because that was where we were seated!

Niall performing On My Own
Jayda opened the show, she’s a great performer, she hyped the crowd well. She performed some Dua Lipa’s songs and then 2 of her own songs and that’s it. The show itself (Flicker) started at 9pm and ended at 10:30pm. It was filled with happiness and feels and memories.

Niall performed 18 songs; all songs from Flicker album (14), 2 One Direction songs (Fool’s Gold and Drag Me Down), and 2 covers (Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen cover and Crying in the Club - Camila Cabello cover). My favorite performance is probably all? But also:
  • Flicker (He asked to turn off our phones and just listen and feel the song. He even said, ‘I’ll talk to you later’ then start the song! Waa!)
  • On My Own and Mirrors (Because OMG I could watch Niall play his guitar forever?)
  • So Long (I could also watch Niall play piano forever)
  • Drag Me Down (THE ENERGY, WOW)
  • Slow Hands (BECAUSE HIP THRUST also dance moves also it’s a bop)
  • All the violin performance
  • But really I love all his performance
Niall performing The Tide
Can I talk about the crowd for a little bit? Yes? Because it was something else! The crowd was so hyped! I think everyone can agree that most of the crowd were real fans who know the songs and dance to them, and sing with Niall. The energy was so good, you wouldn’t think there’s a grey weather outside (which is a mood downer if I may say). Manila was a great crowd last June 10. I can say part of my enjoyment was because of the crowd because when you see everyone is enjoying and dancing along and singing and waving it felt good to let go and just be. The crowd was definitely there to support Niall and show him how much we love him but also, to have a good time and enjoy live music. And can I just say with no shade that the energy from the crowd from Niall’s concert was different with that from Harry’s concert. I didn’t say bad, just different. Okay, that’s more than a little bit of talking about the crowd. LOL.

Niall performing So Long

I love how much Niall enjoys performing. He said he was just standing when performing but he’s not? He’s everywhere. Not as everywhere as in 1D but he jump and dance and walk. His guitar skills and performance are so cool! I fell more and more in love which each strum. The Niall I saw last Sunday was far from what I saw during 1D but at the same time the same? The energy that he has then and his performance factor and confidence are still there. But this solo thing suits him so well. I like the fact that during this solo journey of One Direction, each member is highlighted for their talent and what they can offer. I like the fact that in this solo thing, we can focus on Niall and see the artist that he is. I am having so many Niall feels right now.

You know I’m one of those fans patiently waiting for 1D to come back and can it be soon please? LOL. But I also want to see more solo stuff from Niall and how can that happen when I also want them back. LOL
But really, whatever 1D wants, so long as their happy.

Niall performing Mirrors
With all that being said, I really enjoyed Niall’s concert! I had the best time! Niall has such an amazing talent, his voice is so good it has the power for you to be transported to a different place just because of his song and his voice, and he’s such an amazing performer and he put out an equally amazing show for us. To be honest, I wasn’t sad because it ended and who knows when I’ll be seeing him again, but I was glad it happened and I was there.

Niall performing Slow Hands



No comments:

Post a Comment