Saturday 29 October 2016

MASSIVE September and October Book Haul


I have a lot of books to show you for my September and October book haul!
To let you guys know, September is my birth month and because of that I've gone a little crazy in book buying.
But come October I got a little guilty of my spending that I managed to buy 4 books.

Without further ado, here are my book haul for September and October.



September.


Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas.
Of course, the 5th book in the Throne of Glass series in its glorious hardback format.
Read this already. It was awesome. I have a lot of issues about this book but that didn't affect my enjoyment. I am that invested :D
I wrote my spoilery thoughts and feels for EoS here.

About the series:
Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas is basically about an assassin who joined a contest to become the King's Champion. This is the 5th book (of 6) and a lot has happened and a lot has been revealed. x







The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh.
Ordered this from Book Depository. Been wanting to read this for quite a while because a lot of people loved this and I was super intrigued. There's no available paperback in this cover here in the Philippines that's why I ordered this from TBD. Can't wait to read this.

Don't know much about this book / duology so I'll leave a Goodreads link here.







Aside from September being my birth month, it's also the month of the Manila International Book Fair happening annually in the Philippines. It's where different local (and some international) publishers and book stores are gathered. I've been going to this event for 5 years now. It's nice to meet fellow bookworms!
I bought 7 books there!
2 Poetry Books
(Milk and Honey, Love and Misadventure) x x
3 Fantasy Books
(A Monster Calls, The Hidden Oracle, The Rose & The Dagger) x x x
2 Contemporary Books
(The Unexpected Everything, P.S. I Still Love You) x x



That moment when you're just planning on buying a pair of pants and ended up buying not just 1 book but 2 books as well. SOML.

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West was an auto-buy because #autobuyauthors. :D x

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman, bought this because I've been seeing a lot of people in bookstagram rave about A Man Called Ove. Don't know much about this but I'll leave a Goodreads link here.








Stars Above by Marissa Meyer.
This book was given to me by my friends for my birthday. Actually everything in this photo was given to me by my friends for my birthday. <3


Stars Above is collection of novella from the amazing The Lunar Chronicles. The Lunar Chronicles is a retelling of Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel and Snow White in a scifi/futuristic setting where there are cyborgs and aliens living amongst humans. Marissa is a great writer and I can't wait to read the novellas! x







And last but definitely not the least,
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo.
Again, this book is loved by many, I have the first book so I bought the 2nd book. I need to know what's the craze been all about.

About the duology
The first book in the duology is Six of Crows. It is set in the Grishaverse from Grisha trilogy, also written by Leigh Bardugo. This is a heist to the most protected, hard-to-break-into place in Grishaverse. Read the first book, it was definitely something but I didn't go cray over it. I need to feel invested with the characters and that didn't happen in the first book. Better luck in the Crooked Kingdom! x




October.



Another Man Magazines.
featuring Harry Styles in 3 different covers which feature the Before, During, and After (his haircut, I think).

Bought this in September but was delivered to me in October. Thank goodness I didn't think twice in buying them because all covers were sold out the next morning. ;)

Bought this from UK online magazine store. x





One Direction The Story So Far (Unofficial)
One Direction Around the World (Unofficial)

1. I'm a huge 1D Fan.
2. NBS Cut Price Sale (50% off).
3. Free poster and 8x10 prints.

Sold.






Secret Garden Colouring Book by Johanna Basford.
Caught in the bandwagon. But wouldn't pursue this if I didn't find it relaxing and it takes my mind off stuff for a while. Plus you know, NBS Cut Price Sale. Hahaha!








United As One by Pittacus Lore. The last book in The Lorien Legacies series was given to me by my former boss who've grown fond of this story she's been giving me newly released Lorien Legacies book each year for my birthday. x

Summer Days and Summer Nights Edited by Stephanie Perkins. This book is a companion novel to My True Love Gave To Me. This is summer-themed while MTLGTM is winter-themed / Christmas-themed. My friends gave this to me as gift for my birthday. x

Replica by Lauren Oliver.
I. AM. INTRIGUED. This book has 2 stories; Lyra's and Gemma's. It's a back-to-back story, LITERALLY. Flip it and read Gemma's story, flip it again and you can read Lyra's story. You can read it any other way. Lyra first then Gemma. Or Gemma first the Lyra. It can also be read in alternating chapters. HOW. COOL. AND. NEW. IS. THAT. I don't know much about this book but from what I gather it's a Dystopian novel, I believe, where there is a research facility called Haven where thousands of replicas, or human models, are born, raised, and observed. WHAT. IN. THE. WORLD. I'm excited for this book because even though I don't like the ending of Requiem, Lauren Oliver is a good writer and she creates a thought-provoking story and world. x


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, that's it for my book haul!
16 books in total.
1 coloring book.
5 magazines.

I hope you enjoy this haul as I did. =D





I'm a Book Depository Affiliate! If you use my link when purchasing from Book Depository, I'll earn a small commission which will be a big help to me. Link is here. Thanks in advance! <3


Love,
Kaye =)

No comments:

Post a Comment