Sunday 15 March 2015

THE IMPORTANT THING IS YOU HAD A GREAT TIME: MY OTRASG EXPERIENCE


I’m contemplating on writing a blog about my first ever One Direction concert experience because I’m not sure if I will be able to form coherent words and thoughts about it but then never mind, I’ll write about it anyway for documentation.
Official OTRA 2015 Poster from 1DHQ
I’ve been a fan for 3 years now (One Direction is in their 5th year as a band) and it’s the first time they will have a concert in South East Asia and there is no way I will miss it. I’ve got tickets for their Singapore and Manila (Day 1 only) shows since last year!  Singapore is the first country they will visit in SEA, next is Bangkok then Hong Kong, Manila and last in Indonesia before they will perform in South Africa.


This post will be about my OTRA Singapore experience.

TICKET SELLING

May last year, I asked my friend who works in Singapore to buy us standing tickets (near the stage) to the OTRA show. On the day of ticket selling, I reminded her again and pressured her to log in as early as 8am (10am is the start of the ticket selling if I remember it correctly) and buy. And she got us tickets for standing pen A!!!

National Statium, Singapore – OTRA Seating
Image from Sports Hub Singapore

OUR FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED!

Our flight was cancelled, good thing I booked like 2 days ahead before the concert. I was planning to tour my youngest sister in Singapore first before our one whole day (the 11th) will be dedicated to queuing for the concert. So 1 day for touring was cancelled I was actually getting paranoid that we won’t be able to watch the concert.

WHO WOULD’VE THOUGHT – THE DAY ITSELF
March 11, 2015
In front of the National Stadium, Singapore
The queuing for Gate 21 and 15 (for Standing Pen A and B, respectively) will start by 11am but the midnight of March 11, I saw on twitter that some fans started queuing already which was a little insane. But that’s what fans do (for those who can – I can’t.) We arrived at the gate by 12nn and it was a long queue already. The gate will open at 6pm. The show will start at 8pm (although it really started at 9). The event was organized and I appreciated it a lot because I’m used to the “system” in Manila and you’ll be stressed out of the unfair treatment to people as well as the unorganized people in my country. Anyway, however, there’s a lot of pushing from where we were standing because everyone wanted to be near the stage! But then these audiences didn’t talk back so you could actually ask them to not push you and stuff. There were some who fainted because of the little space they have and probably because of the heat.

The waiting
We waited outside the stadium for 6 hours before they let us in. Met some Pinoy fans which was great. And time to buy some merchs while waiting!

 
And more waiting

Gate to heaven Standing Pen A
Here we are!!

Panorama of the stadium


The show started 1 hour late! It was very hot and some fans actually fainted even before the show started. There’s water being given to the audience by the security in the event.


WHERE DO I EVEN START

OTRA 2015 Opening Video. The show is about to start!

As a fan, this was a very memorable event for me because it was the very first time I saw them live (and won't be the last!). It was the first time I travelled abroad only to see them live (for the love of). It was the first time I was NEAR THE STAGE in a concert (I usually bought General Admission). AND WE WERE SO CLOSE TO THE STAGE. SO CLOSE YOU COULD SEE THEIR SWEAT!

I asked myself after the concert, can I be more fan than I am right now? I mean because whenever I watched a show, I usually became a fan of the artist I just watched (although it's all temporary - it usually fades in the coming weeks). But since I'm big fan of 1D already and after watching the concert, can I be more fan? I honestly don't know the answer! After the concert, everything wasn't synching in yet. Like the feels. I WAS STAR STRUCK to the point I don't know what to feel. But when I got home (I mean, home in the Philippines) and I watch back and think back all the video we've recorded and the things that have happened, the feels are starting to come at me. And now, I have this so-called "post-concert depression" thing. I CAN'T MOVE ON.

We're near the B-stage. I know there's a lot to see when you're near the main stage but everyone was already there and b-stage kind of have less people there so we stand there. It was heaven. They were so near!! They were just there!!

I cried a little when they came on the stage and sing Clouds. I can hardly hear them because of all the screams but can you blame the fans. It's freaking One Direction. You'll never be able to explain the hysteria of the fans when it's 1D, even though they said Singaporeans are mostly NR to things. Fans are fans. That's why I'm so intrigued with Japan audiences during OTRA! So much so I want to watch their next concert (no matter when it will be) in Japan!

Harry Styles.

If you haven't known by now, Harry Styles is my favorite. He's a total package. During the show he was all out, like in every show they have. He always gives his best to their every show because as he said in Singapore show "the important thing is that you had a great time". If you watched their concert videos, there's no 1D concert where he's timid or not dancing around, banging his head so his hair will have its own performance - I don't know but he's always like that and you could see how special he is through that. And the amazing thing is his genuine-nity and awesomeness as a person doesn’t stop there. Okay, I'm getting carried away with Harry stuff. Back to the concert. I know he is handsome and hot and beautiful and oozing with charm. I know his antics during every show. I know how his voice can make me feel. I mean, I have a lot of pictures and videos of Harry to prove that. BUT HE IS MORE BEAUTIFUL IN PERSON! Like super handsome and beautiful and his charm is overflowing I can't even handle it. Man, he is beautiful. Fucking hot and beautiful. Ahhh. His voice is so real and so live and I'm hearing the British accent and it was too real. I wasn't prepared for that. AHHHHHHHHH
During Midnight Memories, I don't know what he did but he felt maybe goofy or a little bit embarrassed because he smiled his embarraased smile with dimples and all and he was so cute and AHHHHHHH. His voice is fucking too real he was exceptionally great in all his solos especially in You and I and SOML. I'm not a fan of these two songs. It's too slow for me. But they were good live! Especially You and I like it hit so many places when they sang it. And Harry's solo totally sold me to it.

Liam Payne.
Liam was so great in interacting with fans during the concert which I greatly appreciated and loved and admired! He was dancing always and it's really a nice thing to watch. His voice cracked during the show but he still got such an amazing very consistent voice amongst them. I know they are handsome in their own way but Liam is so handsome for words!! Like idk why there's not much hype on him or I may just following different blogs but he's underappreciated because Liam is kicking it! Voice, song writing, looks, and fan service - he's kicking it. Liam is too precious I hope he knows that. I love that he owns the stage.

Louis Tomlinson.
OTRASG was probably one in the books because it was the show when we saw HappyLouis again. Everyone in the fandom was buzzing because of this. Let's not talk about the theories why he's happy. But let me tell you, he really looked happy during the show! He was so bouncy and dancey and all goofy and playing with his bandmates (except harry). I was surprised when I saw it actually but I was so glad I got to see it firsthand. In my show!! His voice is even more beautiful live! You really can hear him harmonizing and bringing the "thickness" in their songs. I like Louis' voice because it was different. Aside from Harry, he was the one who frequent on our side so I really got a lot of Louis feels and I saw him a lot. It was funny because my friend's friend told us that she didn't expect Louis to be that handsome. And my reaction was, COME ON HE IS HANDSOME SINCE FOREVER. But I would tell you, he was really really more handsome up close in person. Like realllllllyyy. All of them are beautiful. But I still got star struck when they are even more beautiful in person. He really looks like the sun! And Louis is handsome, manly and rugged. Harry was correct in that description afterall!!

Niall Horan.
Niall looked like the kid who does what he does and still enjoying himself immensely. I won't say he's the least appreciated member because he isn't. Right? When he went to our side, he's just doing some weird dance moves and it's cute. His voice is amazing, so raspy. I especially like him during WDBHG. He's also goofing with his bandmates. Okay, so I'll say it again. He looked more handsome in a really really cute way in person. He looked like a doll with his blond hair and stuff. He's like a walking doll. Seriously.

Zayn Malik.
Zayn is Zayn you know. I'm looking forward to hearing his voice and seeing his godlike face and his outstanding fashion. And he was on point. He didn’t disappoint. Aside from OTRASG breaking the internet because of happy louis, the fans kind of lost it because chill zayn had become playful zayn in Singapore! Like idk if it's the weather that make them cray but I saw the posts of other fans and he was goofy around! Also doing some Irish jump and talking and having a laugh. I haven't seen much of Zayn because he didn't frequent on our side but that didn't mean I didn't get to enjoy Zayn on stage! He killed me during his solos. He killed me during his high notes. He killed me whenever he's changing notes and I'm telling you it's often. He also looked like he smelled nicely. Like nicely smelling rich kid. He's also very handsome! But I knew this from the very start that's why I wasn't star struck with his looks, I was more star struck with his voice and his high notes. I kind of like whenever other people (like the casual fans) say that Zayn looks like the mysterious one and he's not talking a lot and he looks like a snub and stuff related to that. Like you have to be a fan to know that that's just all how media portrays him. That he's not like that in real life! Oh, before I forgot, we got to see and hear some Zayn rapping during OTRASG when he chanted "Singapore Singapore Singapore" following Jon's chant. It was a good night!

This moment made me realize that it's really a teamwork between the fans and the boys.

After all, the important thing is we all had a great time, the fans and the boys.

WE HAD SO MUCH FUN AT THE CONCERT! I HOPE THE BOYS TOO!


P. S. #1 I'm going to see the boys again in my country! Can't wait!

Do you love One Direction, too? Have you been to any of their concert? How was your experience?
Let me know! =)

Thanks for reading this!
Love, Kaye