Tuesday 6 January 2015

Top 10 Favorite Reads In 2014



10. The Last Olympian (Book 5, Percy Jackson and the Olympians) by Rick Riordan
I’ve been procrastinating into finishing this series but when I get to the last book, I was blown away by its awesomeness.









9. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
I love how surprised I was when I read this book. First, I didn’t know it’s fantasy. Second, I didn’t expect it to be hilarious (it was so). And third, I didn’t know it will get better as the story goes.
Fast paced. Check
Funny dialogs. No dull moments. Check. Check.
Character development. Check
Plot. Check. Plot twist. Double check.
I can’t wait to read its second book!





8. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
The main thing I really liked about this book and had a kind of huge impact on me was how Elise, the main character in the story, develope. It was pretty messy (and petty) at first that I thought I will quit reading it. But then the author had big plans for her. I literally breeze through this book because it’s such an easy read!






7. Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
This has everything I look for in a book; i.e. sense of humor, great writing, reflections and feels. This is a holiday story that can be read anytime of the year.








6. Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
The feels were too much I can’t stop the tears from falling. What the main character, Jersey, had been through was unimaginable and how she was able to cope was beautifully captured in this book I can’t even begin to describe it.








5. Cress (Book 3, The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer
This is the third book in The Lunar Chronicles, the fairytale retelling of Rapunzel. This was Fantastic, Amazing, Flawless and Beautiful! Every Lunar Chronicle book I read it instantly became my favorite book of the series, and now, Cress is so far my favorite book in the series! I don’t even know how Marissa Meyer did it. The story got better and better each time! It’s action-packed, fast-paced, hilarious, sad, well plotted, and exciting! Can’t freaking wait for Winter!!





4. Since you’ve been gone by Morgan Matson
Okay. I love this book! When I dive into this book I don’t know anything about the plot, I just dove in and read and at first, I had hard time getting a grip but when I did, there’s no letting go! It’s a great ride! I enjoyed the to-do list. It’s perfect. I love the character development here not just for Emily but for everyone. I love that it’s not fast-paced but it’s not slow either, it’s just right just like summer. I don’t even know what else to say! Just that this was really really amazing. Good stuff.

In a well-ordered universe… I would make you read this book. =)


3. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
All in the list above are young adult except for the last Olympian which is a middle grade fantasy genre, but the rest, young adult fiction. Landline probably will feel a little out of place in this list because it’s an adult book but Landline better not feel that because it’s number 3. When I read landline, I asked myself why I didn’t read a lot of adult books. It’s good when the writer’s good. And Rainbow Rowell is such a good writer and she can do no wrong! This is probably my favorite Rainbow Rowell books although I have to weigh that with Eleanor & Park.
Anyway, I love the dialogs in this book. I love how the scenes in this book were so vivid in my imagination it’s like I’m watching it. I love the romance and the frustration about it. I love the cheesiness. The Christmas feel to it was so fitting. Basically, the feels is important for you to like this book. So good!


2. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
EPIC SERIES. These were the first 3 books in a 6-book series. SIX!!! AMAZING. I don’t know how to describe how amazing these books were.
[Click the image for you to have an idea what’s this about.]
Why I liked this book:
·         - Kick-ass main character (she’s an assassin!) and secondary and all other characters. There’s also amazing character development!
      - Great writing! Bravo Sarah J. Maas!
·         - Action-packed. Super. Exciting!
·         - Fast-paced.
·         - All feels.
·        - Good plot and plot twists!

I really really enjoyed these! I cried I laughed I was frustrated I got annoyed I sympathized I empathized I rooted for them I cheered for them.
My favorite book so far is Crown of Midnight!
AHHHHH
Book 4 will come out on September 2015! The waiting!!

·       










And, of course, my super duper favorite read in 2014… *drum roll please*
 

1. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
THIS IS SUCH A GREAT GREAT BOOK. I DONT KNOW WHY I LET IT SIT ON MY SHELF FOR LIKE 5 YEARS. BUT GLAD I PICKED IT UP AND FINISHED IT. IT'S SO GOOD. STEPHENIE CAPTURED ME AGAIN WITH HER STORY. AHHHHH

That was my opening sentences in my review for The Host on Goodreads.

I’ll probably just provide a link here to my Goodreads review for “more” fangirling from me about this book. =)

This is one of my favorite books of all time. Stephenie did a really good job with this one. Before I read this, I’m aware that everybody loved it, everybody said that it was better than twilight (well it is), everybody said it was amazing. And I agree with everybody.

This book was amazingly well-written. All feels. The plot was fanfreakingtastic. The story was very diverse as it tackled about the universe and other species living there. It talked about humanity. It talked about the important thing of all - which was probably present in every Stephenie's books - LOVE.

You’ve gotta try and see it fo yoself! It’s worth it.

That’s it for my Top 10 favorite reads in 2014.
So excited for the books I will read in 2015.
Thanks for reading this!