Wednesday 18 May 2016

A COURT OF MIST AND FURY Thoughts and Feels

"To the people who look at the stars and wish."
"To the stars who listen -- and the dreams that are answered."


There are no words to describe the awesomeness of this book and how it affected me, and those kinds of reviews are the hardest to make. I will try my best!

I love ACOMAF! I love its world. I love the characters. I love how it’s written. I love everything about it.
It is everything I hoped it would be and MORE! This is so much better than ACOTAR.

ACOTAR is slow-paced, focuses on romance and the lead protagonist is annoying and making dumb decisions. The plot is not interesting given that context alone. If anything, Rhysand makes the story interesting and the next book to be worth anticipating. There is a glimpse of the world we’re about to see which is also interesting.

I was completely hooked after reading Chapter 5 of ACOMAF and I knew then it’s going to be amazing. I never thought it’s going to be beyond amazing that I would have sold my soul to it if it asked LOL. Reading this book was too much – I have to stop sometimes because I couldn’t contain the feels and I just want to scream because it’s so good. I did scream… a lot.
I got major book hangover after I finished this book – nothing I’ve experienced before! I want to dance, cry, hug the book, scream, and jump around all at the same time over and over because that’s how I felt about the book.

The world building was fantastically written. Sarah had shown us the beauty, vibrance, darkness of the different courts. It felt like I was with them when they visited each court and that I also met the people they’ve met in each court.

The plot was slowly progressing which kind of scare me because if the progression is slow, it gets a bit boring and would be uninteresting in the end but Sarah knows what she’s doing because it wasn’t boring at all!

Character development was on point. First and foremost, and the most important of all, Feyre. Sarah outdid herself in developing Feyre’s character. I can’t stomach her in the first book but here, she’s developed into a sensible, conscious, strong woman and it’s not a quick transition – we saw how she deal and fought her own nightmares and her depression with the help of the people who believe in her!

Rhysand was everything I hoped he would be and more. In ACOTAR, his character was the most interesting of all. You know there’s more to him than being a bad boy. And when we get to know him in ACOMAF, he’s… OMG… PERFECT. So much was revealed about who he really is – and he is this kind, loving, passionate, flawed character yet perfect – and even then he’s still interesting. I love when he laughs or when he’s happy. I love when he’s taking charge of everything. I love that he is the most powerful high lord in all of Prythian. I love that we get to see who he really is while others still think he’s mean. I love that he believes in his people. I LOVE RHYSAND!!!

I thought Tamlin would suffer the same fate of Chaol, where there’s a 360 change in his character. But, this is Tamlin. He really does not trust Feyre. He does not believe in her. He sees her as something he owns. This has been the case since book one. The turning point really was when Tamlin locked Feyre in that invisible wall. And if you think you have seen the worst of Tamlin’s character wait until he made that bargain with the King of Hybern to capture the powerful High Lord of Prythian in exchange for Feyre. What. A. Fucking. Douche. But come to think of it, his family has story of siding with Hybern, so that’s curious.

I can’t wait for Lucien to have an arc in the next book. I think he’ll have his moment because he had met his mate. I think he’s a pretty strong character because he is sensible but right now he does not have the guts to do it. He’s so scared of Tamlin. That or he thinks he only got Tamlin.

Reading this book feels like I’m part of the inner circle and that I am also friends with Mor and Amren and Cassian and Azriel. I laugh with them, I fight for their cause, and I care for them! I might as well be a citizen of Velaris. I love each of their stories, I can’t wait to get to know them more!

I didn’t expect Rhys and Feyre to be mates. Like I want it to be canon but OMG they are mates! Forever OTP! Such a powerful couple. They’re so perfect for each other because they both understand what each of them has gone through and that they let each other help each other. They both believe in each other. They make each other be the better version of themselves. GAH.

It was the perfect ending to conclude this amazing book and to transition to the third book! I’m not sure about the King of Hybern though, he’s pretty cunning but not really frightening. His only edge is he’s in the offense and the Prythian don’t know what move he’s going to make – well, that’s the High Lady of Night Court’s job now! Can’t wait for the third and last book next year!

I think the third book will be in dual POV – Rhysand and Feyre.
War, of course, which side is what court is interesting.
I think we will have more on Nesta and Elain’s new found immortality. Where is their father?
Can’t wait for Feyre to have full access with her magic and how she’ll use it as weapon.

I have a lot of favorite scenes, some of them are:
·         First entrance of Rhysand in the book, during the wedding of Tamlin and Feyre.
·         The first dinner in the House of Wind with the Rhysand and his inner circle.
·         Chapter 54
·         Chapter 68
·         Chapter 69

I hope this review went well!

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!
This is the best book I've read so far in 2016!

I recommend this series to everyone!

Have you read ACOMAF? What did you think about it? Did you sell your heart and soul to it? =P

Thanks for reading!


Love, Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment