Saturday 6 June 2015

Random Bookish Things

What/who got you into reading?
Before it was just the idea of being a bookworm, I really like to be called a reader/bookworm even though I haven’t read that much book then and I’m not serious about it; or I paid no attention to any bookish things before. I read quite a few but it’s here and there. I remember Twilight lit the “spark” for my reading habits because after that I just want to read and read and read.

Your first favorite book?

I’ll say Twilight got me so bad. *in a good way*

Your current favorite book?

I have tons. But the recent addition to my ever growing favorite books are Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson, Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas and The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.

Favorite book of all time? 
A lot. Harry Potter, The Infernal Devices, tfios, Ready Player One, Love, Rosie, The Host, etc. Sorry, it’s really too many =)

Least favorite book of all time?
Twilight? It’s still one of my faves because it has special place in my heart but out of all my favorite it’s the least.

What book/s can you not live with out?

I think I can live without books just not that exciting.

What book/s that you rave about?

A lot, too. But recently I’ve been bugging my friends to read Throne of Glass series. Haha, they still haven’t read it yet so Imma keep bugging them.
 

An author/s that you dislike/hate?
Hate is a strong word. Even dislike is pretty strong. Let’s just say I will not read anything by E.L. James.
 

An author/s you like/love? 
Rainbow Rowell, Kasie West, Sarah J. Maas, Cassandra Clare, Morgan Matson
 

What popular book do you just hate? 
Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi and The Selection series by Kiera Cass
 

How many books to you read in a month?
Between 3-6.
 

How many books to you read in a year? 
About 50-60.
 

What do you do to get through a reading slump? 
I keep reading even though it would take a century to finish it or skip books.
 

How many reading slumps do you get a year?
1-3 depends with my activity.
 

Favorite genre? 
Fantasy and Contemporary
 

Least favorite genre?
Thriller or Pirates
 

How many bookshelf/bookshelves do you own? 
I dont actually have a bookshelf right now. I store my book in plastic cases. And I have 3 big plastic cases.
 

How many books do you own? 
155
 

Biggest book haul? 
Not sure when but it’s during sale. I bought I think 10 books in one shopping.
 

How many books do you get/buy in a year?
About 30-40.
Goodreads challenge/reading goal for this year?
50 books.
 

Favorite series? 
Recently, Throne of Glass and The Lunar Chronicles
 

Least favorite series? 
Like it’s still a favorite but the least, right? The Mortal Instruments?
 

Longest series you own? 
Shadowhunter series.
 

Pick the 23 book on your bookshelf, open it to the 86 page and find the 13th line. Type it out for us. 
“.. braying of a car alarm and the drone of planes climbing out of..”
 

Favorite quote? 
One of the many is “So many books, so little time.”
 

Favorite character/s? 
Celaena Sardothien, Hermione Granger is on top of mind right now.
 

Least favorite character/s? 
Bella Swan. Clary Morgenstern. Simon Lewis.
 

How many books have you read so far this year?
20 as of June 6, 2015.
 

How many books have you read so far this month?
2 - A Court of Thorns and Roses and Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare
 

Do you read ‘classics’? 
I think I’ve read in high school but I totally forgot. Currently, no.
 

Do you read Fanfiction? 
I’ve read some snippets and I say, pass.
 

Do you read smut? 
Sometimes when the book I’m reading contains smut.
 

Do you read LGBTQ books? 
Yes. Usually because I’m not aware it’s an lgbtq books. But yeah, I read lgbtq books.
 

Do you read Poetry? 
I read some, yes but it’s not really my cuppa tea.
 

Do you like Poetry? 
It’s not my cup of tea.
 

Any other readers in your family? 
My mom, altho she reads Catholic/Biblical books and current events.
 

Are any of your friends readers?
Yes!
 

Does your family support your reading habits? 
Well, they don’t mind my reading habits.
 

Favorite book turned movie? 
The Hunger Games (all the 3 movies so far). TFIOS and Love, Rosie.
 

Least favorite book turned movie? 
TMI. Hahaha
 

OTP? 
Wessa, is that their ship name? Haha. Chaolaena or Rowalaena. I’m inventing ship names! Haha
 

Do you like ebooks?
They are alright. Kidding! I looove ebooks.
 

Do you use ebooks? 
Yes, I do!
 

Paperback or Hardback?
Paperback.
 

Do you use a library? 
No. Libraries here in my country suck.
 

Do you want to be an Author or are you content to just be a reader? 
Content to be a reader.
 

Do you have any books already written by you? 
Hahaha nah, that would be boring.
 

Do you want to be a Poet? 
Not really.
 

Book/s that made you cry? 
Lots. But I will never forget: Torn Away by Jennifer Brown and Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I was a mess.
 

Book/s that made you scared?
172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad.
 

What book character does your mother remind you of?
I can’t think of anything at the moment.
 

What book character does your father remind you of? 
I think Gia’s father in The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West?
 

What book character does your significant other remind you of?
I don’t have a significant other. Hahaha. But I would love him to Dash of Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Kind of.
 

Won any writing competitions? 
Nah
 

Won any poetry competitions? 
Nah
 

A book/writing related job that you would love to do? 
Yes, I’d love to do a part-time job in a bookstore.
 

Do you have plenty of bookish items around your house? 
Just books and bookmarks.
 

Do you want more books? 
YESSSS
 

Do you consider yourself a fast reader? 
I consider myself the opposite, to be honest.
 

Do you consider yourself a slow reader? 
Yes. Because I am.
 

Do you have book buying bans for yourself? 
Haha, yes. Books are pricey down here.
 

Do you gift your friends and family with bookish items/books?
Yes and they almost don’t read it, I think? Haha
 

What else do you get besides books at a bookstore? 
Pens and notebooks and markers and magazines.
 

Do you use bookmarks a lot? 
Yes. It’s a lifesaver.

Credit to Sasha for the questions.

Thanks for reading!

Love, Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment